Warranty and Care Sheet
Please follow the guidelines below for your concrete landscape curbing.
1. After each installation, the Surface Pro™ installation supervisor will walk the entire job with the owner or owner’s representation to ensure customer satisfaction. In the event no one is available the landscape curbing we just installed is photographed and documented. It is critical that pets, children, lawn care workers, neighbors etc, and objects are kept away from the curb for at least 24 hours. Under no circumstance is Surface Pro responsible for any damage however so caused after our completion and departure. It will be “hard” to the touch at this point, but will still need a few days to get hard internally. Any damage to the curb prior to full cure is not covered under warranty. If curbing is damaged we will come back and make necessary repairs. If the repairs are not covered under warranty, there will be a minimum $300 repair and mobilization charge. This is not a profit center for our company and we would much prefer that damage is avoided.
2. Sod laying, sprinkler work, and landscape work can be started 48 hours after installation; however caution must be taken as shovels, picks, and wheelbarrows can damage the curb for several days while it is fully curing.
3. Concrete curbing takes 14-28 days to fully cure. You will notice the color of the edging changing during the curing process. Don’t worry; this is normal and it will achieve its final color when curing is complete.
4. If you have a landscape contractor working for you, caution them about protecting the curb from damage. If wheelbarrows are used for hauling rock over the curb, put a mound of dirt over it (6” deep) or build a ramp over the curb to deep from cracking it. Never allow a garden tractor or a vehicle to run over the curb.
5. The color of your curb is a close representation of our color chart and will not be a perfect match. Many conditions can alter or adversely affect the color of your finished curbing project. Most are conditions beyond our control. No color claims will be accepted if sprinklers are left on or turned on 2 days prior to or 2 days after installation. This excess job site moisture will adversely affect the color of your finished curbing project and is not covered under warranty. Tell tale signs including washed out color, blotchy color and /or abnormally light or dark areas are a direct result of excess moisture at the jobsite. Colored concrete must be sealed to achieve the most accurate intended color.
6. Efflorescence (white powder substance) can appear on occasion and does not look good on curbing. It is generated from water sprinkling systems and can also appear after a rainstorm. Check your sprinkler heads while the system is on and try to adjust them to minimize the amount of water spraying directly on the curb. If you just planted sod and are watering frequently, efflorescence may appear more readily. Be patient, wait for your lawn to get established and clean the curb after it dries. A solution of 50/50 vinegar and water with a light brushing will typically remove efflorescence. You may have to do this a few times; eventually, the efflorescence should go away.
7. Once in awhile curbing with color in it may look, “splotchy,” for a few days while it is curing. This will go away as it cures and is not to be confused with efflorescence.
8. If curbing is damaged we will come back and make necessary repairs. If the repairs are not covered under warranty, there will be a minimum $300 charge.
9. Surface Pro™ has a 3 year limited workmanship warranty. All installations receive our Lifetime customer service warranty, in that If you ever have a questions about your curb please call us. Your lifetime satisfaction is important to us.
10. Cracking- Concrete curbing like any other type of concrete can and will crack. We try and control the cracking with expansion joints every few feet. We also use steel reinforcement cable, fiber mesh and other additives to minimize shrinkage, which produces cracks. We experience very little cracking in our products, however, if it should heave or buckle in a hairline crack under the warranty period, we will replace it at no charge. However repairs can be difficult to make in colored concrete. It is impossible to get a perfect color match. Sometimes, “the cure is worse than the ill.” A hairline crack is much less noticeable than a patch or discoloration in the curbing.
11. Damage to sprinkler heads &lines, telephone wires, cable TV or other buried items by our equipment or personnel is not the responsibility of Surface Pro™.
12. Thank you for choosing Surface Pro™ We know that you will enjoy our products for years to come.
If you have any questions, please call us at: (239) 896-4885.